Considered the oldest house in Westmoreland County Virginia, The Glebe was built in 1653 by Justice Thomas Youll. This house entertained all major social figures in the day. Not all of the Glebe house is original. In 1771, Churchwardens Richard Henry Lee and George Turberville added the brick addition on the side of the house. In 1720, the people who owned the house gutted the interior of the Glebe. Today this stately building is a private home.
Links for More Information
1) The Westmoreland Repository